Welcome to the world of Royal Canin Diabetic Cat Food! Our specially formulated veterinary diet is designed to meet the unique nutritional needs of cats with diabetes mellitus. With a focus on controlling postprandial blood glucose levels and promoting an optimal body composition, our diabetic cat food is a top choice for pet owners looking to provide their feline friends with the best possible care.
- Gluco modulation: Cereals of low glycaemic index in conjunction with the gelling action of psyllium mucilages reduce postprandial hyperglycaemia.
- High protein: A high protein content helps reduce net energy supply and also promotes a prolonged, progressive glucose supply (gluconeogenesis).
- Moderate calorie: A moderate energy intake promotes an optimal body composition and minimises the insulin resistance associated with being overweight.
- Low starch: A low carbohydrate intake helps control postprandial blood glucose.
Our Royal Canin Diabetic Cat Food is made with high-quality ingredients to ensure the best possible nutrition for your diabetic cat. The main ingredients include pork protein, poultry protein, poultry and pork liver, maize flour, vegetable fibre, fish oil, minerals, gelling agents, taurine, marigold extract (source of lutein), L-carnitine, and vitamins. With a crude ash content of 1.2% and crude fibre content of 1.5%, our cat food provides the essential nutrients your cat needs while helping to control blood glucose levels.
Benefits of Royal Canin Diabetic Cat Food
Helps Control Postprandial Blood Glucose
One of the key benefits of our diabetic cat food is its ability to help control postprandial blood glucose levels. The low carbohydrate intake in our formula ensures that your cat’s blood glucose remains stable after meals, reducing the risk of hyperglycaemia.
Promotes Optimal Body Composition
Our cat food is designed to promote an optimal body composition in diabetic cats. With a moderate calorie intake, it helps prevent insulin resistance associated with being overweight. This ensures that your cat maintains a healthy weight and reduces the risk of complications related to diabetes.
Reduces Net Energy Supply
By providing a high protein content, our cat food helps reduce net energy supply. This is essential in diabetic cats as it promotes a prolonged, progressive glucose supply through gluconeogenesis. This helps maintain muscle mass and provides a steady source of energy for your cat.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I feed Royal Canin Diabetic Cat Food to my non-diabetic cat?
Our diabetic cat food is specifically formulated for cats with diabetes mellitus. It is not recommended for non-diabetic cats as it may not provide the balanced nutrition they need. We recommend consulting with your veterinarian to determine the best diet for your non-diabetic cat.
2. How long does it take to see results with Royal Canin Diabetic Cat Food?
The time it takes to see results may vary depending on your cat’s individual condition. However, many cat owners have reported improvements in their cat’s blood glucose levels and overall health within a few weeks of starting our diabetic cat food. Consistency and regular monitoring are key to achieving the best results.
3. Can I mix Royal Canin Diabetic Cat Food with other cat foods?
While it is generally not recommended to mix different cat foods, especially when one is a veterinary diet, we recommend consulting with your veterinarian for specific guidance. They can provide personalized recommendations based on your cat’s unique needs.