- Made of high strength polished Aircraft Quality Aluminum
- Offers 6 inches of adjustable Vertical movement
- Weighs 27 lbs, light and easily installation
- Professional installation is highly recommended
Why a Jack Plate?
A jack plate will compensate for a long shaft engine!
Does Your Boat Need a Jack plate? For this one, we consulted our network of industry professionals. Their responses were all varying degrees of a resounding YES.
But how can you tell if your boat would benefit from a jack plate? What are some of the symptoms?
- Poor Holeshot
- Your outboard’s not perpendicular (straight up & down) in relation to the water at top speed.
- If you can trim the engine all the way up without the prop letting go or with no appreciable loss of water pressure at full throttle.
- The hull doesn’t seem to “lift” like it should.
- Boats rigged with jack plates, but otherwise identical to yours, turn higher-pitch props and perform better.
Keep in mind that these characteristics can also be indications of other, more serious problems, but if you’re experiencing any or all of the above, your boat could be a good candidate for a jackplate implant.
Jack Plates are the perfect solution for long shaft engines with a short shaft transom! The engine side holes of the Jack Plate are drilled 1.500 inches higher than the transom side. Combined with the 6 inches of adjustable vertical lift, you can obtain 5.500 inches at a maximum height to raise your long shaft engine and make it workable on a short shaft transom boat!
Here are the pre-drilled hole dimensions listed below in inches:
- Pre-drilled holes for 1/2” stainless hardware
- 12 7/8” across the top two holes from center to center
- 9 7/8” across the bottom two holes from center to center
- 8” of vertical distance between the top holes and bottom mounting holes
If your holes do not match this configuration, you can drill into the aluminum plate. However, by modifying the unit returns will not be accepted.
Professional installation is highly recommended. ** Instructions NOT included.** Provide technical support at any time. Please feel free to tell us what we can do for you, we will reply in one business day. If your items encounter any adaptation and color difference or anything-else problems, please feel free to contact us.